Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Haunting We Will Go....

Halloween is one of my favorite holiday! It's the one season that I go crazy decorating the outside of my house, just asks Blake!!! I become a kid and I love everything about Halloween except scary movies...can't do those anymore ever since having kids! I would have nightmares just looking at their commercials...crazy huh! 
Fun Decorations!!!!
To decorate our pumpkins we have these potato head like parts that meant for the pumpkins...my kids have a blast using these pieces! 
This year was especially busy for me because I was nominated to be room mom to Nate's and Ike's class, which means that I plan the class parties! Thank goodness, Ike's class was simple and the kids planned their party but Nate's, it was all me! I roped some moms in the class to head up some stations I decided to do but it was definitely stressful!!! Also Mya wanted me to help at her party and to dress up too, so never the less, I was at the school all day but the party was successful!!!
Class Parties
My kids was so happy to be in their costumes!!!
Dark Vader...yes he has been this before but we finally put our foot down on Harry Porter costume! Being Harry for 6 Halloweens is TOO MUCH!!!
Combat Warrior....so COOL!!!
Pilot...she's so AWESOME!

This year Blake dressed up too for Halloween...too bad, no one knew who he was and it was such a good joke!!! He got confuse as a bishop with a orange tan but he was John Boehner and he even had a pack cigarettes in his pocket. My friend asked me if I could be a fortune teller at her Halloween party..so I was a gypsy! I couldn't find a costume that wasn't sleazy, so I made my own and I think it came out pretty good!
Mya is with her good friend Sam.
We were invited to several parties and we had a great time at both of them...good food and good friends!!!
After the party, we headed to our ward's trunk-o-treat, which was really three wards and the parking lot was packed and my kids had a tons of candy!!!
 
Mya and Sam at the trunk-o-treat...because Halloween was on a Sunday this year and here in Washington they celebrate it on the day it fall, this was all the trick-o-treating my kids were doing...but they were able to give out candy to those treat-o-treaters that came to our door.

4 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

I remember the awesome way you decorate your house for Halloween! I loved your costumes--especially the gypsy! So creative!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Hey I made your blog!! Loved it. Loved all you did to make it a great holiday. what's up for Christmas? :)

Julie said...

All the costumes are great, but your gypsy really looks awesome!

Liz said...

wait, i can totally see ralph nadar married to a gypsy so i love the costume combination! ha!

and if mya doesn't become a pilot, she needs to at least play one on tv! she's awesome!