Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Is It So....

It's amazing what traits are passed from parents to their children either physical or emotional. Or the odds of us just having one child with my coloring and having two red heads is surreal or unreal.

Our third child, we been told how much Mya looks like me especially from my mom but I didn't fully understand until I saw photos of me around her age. It's truly mind-blowing to see how much she truly looks like me.
How about our second child , how people have asks me if Nathan is adopted until they see Blake. I have heard many time that Nathan take after the Beecher side of the family or look like a mini Blake. Well I found some photos of Blake around Nathan's age and I can see the resemblance.
Now for our first and oldest child. People will see Isaac and tell me that he takes after my side of the family but he is truly a mix of both of us. He definitely has my coloring and his shape of his face is like mine but his smile is all dad's. Even the teeth are the same as dad, that's eerie.
It fun to see the physical traits we have passed down to our children but that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if we look the same or don't, what matters is the love we have for each other and for our Heavenly Father.
What matters is that we are an Eternal Family.

8 comments:

Cheri said...

love this post. I love to look back at old photos with my kids and see similar features. Did you see Becca's pictures on facebook. her Brynn looks so much like she did but Brynn has lighter features. so cute.

Liz said...

i looove these photos, leslie!! i always thought maya was a "mini me" version of you! all of your kids are so cute! did your boys just freak out when they saw the maya/momma resemblance?

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

That is so great! It truly is so cool how much they look like you guys! I am excited to see what Grace looks like as she grows

Jessica O. said...

That is amazing. I need to look through mine and Wade's photos but I'm pretty sure everyone thinks they all look like him. I what program do you use to make your collages? They are great!

A.Niu said...

I can so see it... My kids have different looks during different ages. They come out looking like me, But the look like Shaun and then look like my family and then look like shaun. So I guess on any given day they could look like one or the other.

EOTU said...

Aloha Leslie :) I totally love this post!!! Its like something I would find in a book of great and inspirational thoughts. I love the care that you took to arrange and post the photos of your loving family too. It completes your thoughts and help me to follow along with ease :) (the writing is great and clear but I LOVE VISUALS!) Families are Forever! LOve, Siana

The Taylor Family said...

You are so crafty. I cant believe the similarites!!!

The Taylor Family said...

My favorite pic's were of you and Mya! Amazing!!! YOu have such sweet skills! You always have the coolest blog posts! I dont have the brain power to find old pictures and scrapbook them like you always do! You kids will treasure these posts when they are old!