The Things We....
It amazing the things you do for your kids even when you don't have a clue how to do it. Yesterday was the Blue and Gold Banquet in our ward and each scout was told to bring a cake that depicted a national or historical monument. Well we thought it wasn't a requirement but we found out different on Tuesday night. Mind you I wasn't home on Tuesday night and I found a note on Wednesday's morning about the cake that needed to be made that day. Isaac told me he wanted the Washington Monument and all I could think was "HOLY COW"!!! Well this monument took me all day to make and a trip to the supermarket without a car (we only have one car and Blake had it). This is what I came up with and we were awarded "the best decorated cake".
7 comments:
Leslie, You are a great mom. WOW!! you walked to the store. I hope it was close. The cake looks great.. very realistic. :) and you won an award congrats..
Way to go, Mom!
Of course you won! You are so creative. What did you use for the monument, it looks real.
Good job on the cake, Leslie! It looks great...I'm very impressed, but not surprised.
wow!!!!!!! you seriously did sooo good, that cake looks yummmmmmmy!
The tower was made with heavy cardstock that looked like sandstone that I happen to have on hand.
As for the supermarket, it's less than 8 minutes to get to on foot but longer if you walking with a 4 year old.
Wow! You are so good!
Post a Comment