Friday, February 6, 2009

Fairies Dust...

For my little girl, I wanted a special room just for her. I actually let her picked out the color for her room and she wanted her favorite color which is blue. I decided to add white because we had installed dark wood flooring and I didn't want the room to be dark . I also decided that the furniture would be white too. The dresser we got from Craig's List (Love that site) which I painted. I also changed the hardware. That was the easy part! I had a hard time find what I wanted originally. I wanted molding mounted on the walls to divide the color but I couldn't find the molding I had envisioned. We went to some many places but yet no luck. I was so frustrated because I wanted to finish her room. They my husband suggested a border, at first I was against it but then I happen upon a border that I fell in love with and the best part was it was on clearance for a dollar each roll. From that border, everything fell into place. Mya has always wanted these Tinkerbell fairies stickers and I thought it will work perfect with the border and now my little girl has her Fairies' Room.

Here are some photos of the results...

Before


After
This fairies stickers are ideal and they are removable

This comforter set ties the room perfectly. These fairies was given to her by her grandma for her birthday.
I decided that the fairies should look like it belong with the border and I feel that I made it work.

So again I want to thank my hubby for suggesting the border instead of molding. The room came out better that I have image.

3 comments:

Clelia said...

it is so cute! kawaii! great job leslie! love you!

Jeff and Erin said...

I love the room, very cute! I bet Mya loves it!
How's the fam? You all have been in our prayers!

Chrystie said...

Wow, Leslie, it turned out sooo cute! When I was first looking at the pictures I thought that the fairies came with the border, you did a really good job!