Sunday, January 25, 2009

Look Who Turned 4!

I can hardly believe that my baby girl is 4! Where has the time gone? To me she's my baby but she tells me that she's a big girl now and it makes me a little sad. As I look at these photos I realize my baby is growing up!
We have a tradition in our family that the birthday person is the star of the day and whatever they want to do or eat, it's done! Mya decided the menu for the day was: breakfast-"Apple Pancakes", Lunch-"Hot Dogs with all the fixings and fried fries", and for dinner-"Turkey Tacos". As for the birthday cake she wanted "Cherry Cake", which is a favorite in Blake's family.

She opened her presents as soon as she woke up and had a blast playing with her new toys.(So did her brothers!) We had a nice and quiet day at home. We watched the movie she picked out "Over the Moon" (which is a cute kid's show). She was the star and she was loving it and the boys was so sweet and attentive. We are grateful to have her sweet and special spirit in our lives. We are grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing and choosing us to be her family.

10 comments:

Chrystie said...

Wow, Happy Birthday!!! She really does look so grown up (and beautiful) in those pictures!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe it's been four years, it seems like it was just yesterday when she was born.

PS Can I celebrate my next birthday in your house, I want to be queen for a day.

Julie said...

Happy birthday, Mya! Cherry cake sounds fabulous!

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

AWW HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET MYA! LOLE IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND TURNS FOUR IN MARCH (*TEAR)...LESLIE, YOU'LL HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT AND HOW TO MAKE "CHERRY CAKE"...IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS D-----LICIOUS!

Shauna Hardy said...

How time flies! I remember when she was born. She looks so grown up!!!!

The Taylor Family said...

I love little girlies!!! We are almost to 3 years old! Where does the time go??? I love that she got to pick when she opens her b-day presents too! So fun!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

HOORAY!!! MYA!!!! Can't believe that cute curly haired girl is so BIG!!!

Liz said...

happy birthday mya!! how fun, leslie. time moves too swiftly doesn't it? i love the wonderful memories you're creating for her. and yeah, cherry cake sounds so yum!!!

Clelia said...

She is so big! And her hair looks longer! ^_^ kawaii! love you all!

Jessica O. said...

Cute pictures. Time goes by so fast. I love that they get to pick everything. Opening the presents in the morning is a great idea.