Friday, December 24, 2010

Tis The Season


December is one of our favorite month...These are a few of our favorite things to do before Christmas!
First: Decorating the house for the holidays, the feeling of entering a home that shows that Christmas is coming, is so great and helps you get in the mood.
Second: Sending and receiving Christmas cards! I love getting Christmas cards from my family and friends. I also love displaying them...even though my cedar tree card holder isn't holding up many(need to make a bigger on next year), I love looking at those cards.
Third: Getting a new ornaments every year for our family. As many of you know, we have a tradition of getting a new ornament every year for each member of our family and when my kids are married, they will get their ornaments for their tree and hopefully continue the tradition with their families.
 
Fourth: Attending Christmas Programs! We went to support some of my friends in my hula troop that were performing for their church and it was truly AMAZING and COLD!(It was outdoors and it was freezing! Good thing I made all of us wear our snow pants and cold weather gear!)
Fifth: Helping set up, hosting and attending "The Nativities from Around The World", that our community and the lds members put together....it's truly a sight to see, this year one of the focus were Joseph holding the baby Jesus, truly beautiful!!! This is the third year I have helped and I enjoy every minute of it. The kids enjoy the children area, especially the dress ups. I truly love how these photos turned out!
Sixth: The Ward Christmas Party! This year was especially fun and the food was YUMMY!!! A Christmas party isn't a party without Santa.
Seventh: Making crafts and this year were sock snowmen, we had a great time being creative and they made great friends gifts
Eighth: Being with friends! Attending white elephants parties are truly the best with great friends.
Ninth: Sledding! This year we had enough snow to truly have fun with it and we did!
Tenth: Caroling! We caroled with my hula troop and their families at a retirement home. We truly had a great time and the audience requested a hula, so we did but the surprise was Mya dancing her first hula and solo!(this wasn't planned!) She was AWESOME!!!! The other highlight of the night was when Isaac told us that he felt good singing to the elderly..... PRICELESS!
Eleventh: Making Ginger Bread Houses! This is one our traditions that we do every year and the kids have a blast making their own houses.
 
Finally, remembering why we celebrate Christmas....because of HIM!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Wonderful ways to prepare and spend the holiday! Merry Christmas to your family from ours :)

Cheri said...

Great post. I love how well it is organized. I love all the fun things you've done during the Christmas season. I also love your new blog header photo. Gorgeous!!