Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Embrace What Comes Naturally!

It's always said you always prefer what you don't have and I have to say the same for me with my hair. I love straight hair but I have learned that I really do love my curls especially when I lost them for 2 years! When living in Hawaii, the humidity took my curls and turned it to afro and puff ball, it was uncontrollable!  So I decide to chemically straighten my hair twice but the consequences was that I could not get my hair curly any more which drove me nuts!!!! I love the fact I could before either go straight or natural but with that straighter treatment, it was completely GONE!!!! The only way to get my curly hair back was to cut the straighten part but the problem was as many of you know that my hair was long to my waist and I didn't want to lose the length. Not only that, I would had to cut my hair really really short and there was no way I was going to do that. So I had to wait patiently for almost 2 years and getting haircuts from my sister who a stylist. Finally after Christmas of last year I told my sister to just cut my hair and bring my curls back and she did! It was so funny when my kids saw my hair curly that their response was, "Mom, you hair is just like Mya's" and I told them." No Mya's hair is just like mine."It made me realize, one that it has been so long that my boys has seen my hair curly and two,Mya never seen it in my natural state. So I decided to embrace what my Heavenly Father given me and to be content that I have been blessed. Also, I have a daughter who has be blessed with the same hair too and she doesn't need to hear mom complain about curly hair because curly hair is BEAUTIFUL. So my message to all my fellow bloggers, EMBRACE WHAT COMES NATURALLY!

3 comments:

Tyler & Rose-Ellen said...

I LOVE the curly hair! It looks great on you and Mya. Straight hair may be nice too, but it's boring! All the interesting people have curly hair.

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

love love love this post! and love even more that you took time to take pics so you and your family can remember how beautiful you were and are!

2cooltwins said...

You look beautiful either way Leslie.