Saturday, January 23, 2010

Celebrating Great 8!

Nate turned 8 this month and I can't believe my baby boy is so old!!! It feels like yesterday that I held him in my arms.

He was such a sweet baby and toddler that kept me on my toes.

Even though it makes me a little sad that he's growing up so quick, I'm so happy to be able to celebrate each of his birthdays especially this year which is also a milestone.

As tradition in our family, you get to open up your presents as soon as you wake up. Also every meal is planned by you and you are able to get your favorites. For breakfast/lunch Nate wanted hash brown, scrambled eggs and sausage. Since his birthday fell on a Sunday, I was able to take some great photos for his invitation for his Baptism in nice clothes...here are a few.

After he came back from church, he put on his new "Perry the Platypus" shirt and his favorite pants. I was able again to take some more portraits photos of him.

For dinner Nate requested Salmon, couscous, corn and root beer...very Yummy!

As for his cake, he want cherry cheese cake.

He also went into Scouts...Wolf! He was so excited to join Isaac in the Scouting Program.


So Nate finally was a able to have a Birthday Party...we haven't had one with friends since we left Utah in 2006. He wanted a Detective Party and invited 6 of his friends. So I decided that the kids were going into training to become Detectives. I had 4 stations and in the end they earned their badges. We sang Happy Birthday and had cake and afterward lunch...corn dogs and chips. Then we opened presents. Nate had a blast and so did the rest of the kids.

 
Well stay turn and see who else is celebrating their birthday in January.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

wow! what a big milestone to celebrate. Nate sure has a refined palate if his favorite dinner includes salmon, couscous, and cheesecake :) what a creative birthday party too!

Clelia said...

it looks like he had a blast, they are growing up so fast! love ya!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

So cute. Happy Birthday Mya! We miss you girl.

Jessica O. said...

Great party idea. I love family traditions...it makes it so special. Cute family.