I ran and got the camera. I ran outside and started to take pictures and it didn't mind. It was going to town eating my roses and I was floored that I was sitting a couple a feet away from a Porcupine which I have only seen in a zoo. Here are some of the photos of the many pictures I took of it.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Uninvited Guest From the WILD!!!
Last Saturday night, getting the kids into bed, I heard Isaac and Nathan yelling for me to come and see what's in the front yard. I was annoyed at my boys for doing anything to stay up longer and told them get into bed but they kept yelling for me to come look at their window. I asked why, I was told there was a Porcupine in the yard and my response was "no it's a cat" and I went to the window and was stunned to see what was in my yard but a PORCUPINE eating my roses!
I ran and got the camera. I ran outside and started to take pictures and it didn't mind. It was going to town eating my roses and I was floored that I was sitting a couple a feet away from a Porcupine which I have only seen in a zoo. Here are some of the photos of the many pictures I took of it.



I couldn't believe that this creature was first in my first yard because we don't live near any woods or forest and second that it was eating roses. After I took tons of photos of it, then I started to worry about my roses and it was destroying them. We tried to scare it away by tossing pieces of bark at it but it didn't move. Then we brought out Bean and that creature ran so fast into the tree. Did you know that Porcupine climb trees? Well, Bean barked up a storm and we thought it was scared away but a little while later it was back. Then we turned the sprinklers on and finally it was scared away but I was in awe to experience a "Uninvited Guest From the Wild"
I ran and got the camera. I ran outside and started to take pictures and it didn't mind. It was going to town eating my roses and I was floored that I was sitting a couple a feet away from a Porcupine which I have only seen in a zoo. Here are some of the photos of the many pictures I took of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Very Cool! We have had a few raccoons in our yard and once it was in the middle of the night and it was hanging from my deck for dear life. It made it to the top but I was fascinated. Great pictures.
Oh my word! How crazy! One time we drove by a drain gutter with a raccoon climbing out, but we have never had anything as cool as an unhibited, rose-eating porcupine going to town in our yard! Great pics by the way.
Awwwww, he's cuuuute! He looks like he is posing for you in the third picture down.
Great photos and fun story. I have seen a porcupine once and they are a bit scary.
That is so cool! But some of those pictures with the black eyes are kinda creepy, I might of liked it better with red-eye lol ^_^ Hope your roses are okay! Love ya!
Wow! So cool! I think it is so cute. How close did you get to it?
Post a Comment