Monday, July 6, 2009

Hula In Washington

Hula has become a big thing in my life. It's the one activity that is just for me and I'm good at it. So when we were thinking of leaving Hawaii...one of the thing I asked Blake was that I had to continue dancing and we need to find a troupe wherever we moved to. I was fortunate to find such a troupe that I truly love dancing with. The ladies I dance with are truly AMAZING and I'm so lucky to be part of their group. We had a big Luau on June 27th to show off to our families and friends what we do and what we have learned. In the program we had a court...which are people who represents the different islands of Hawaii with a Queen and King. I was chosen out of the troupe to be Princess of Molokai and it was a great honor. Even Blake had to participate and be my escort...he truly loves me and was a great sport doing this for me. My mom and sister flew in just to see me perform and it was great!!! Here are some photos of the event...





















4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like lots of fun. It's good you found such a great hobby for you. All moms need something like that!

Tippetts said...

Wow - I didn't know you did hula! So cool. I had a great time at ladies night too - I'm definately going to keep crashing those. :) Your pictures on your blog are beautiful!!! I especially love the one on the header of you guys on the beach!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

The luau looks like so much fun. I love the pics of you in black and white.

Clelia said...

I wish I could do that lol. You look so cool when you dance, and you look like you have fun doing it. ^_^ Mom and Tiff said it was great, so good job! ^_^ Love ya!