Fish Lake...The kids had a hard time adjusting to the cold water, was excepting warm waters of Hawaii but not so. I couldn't blame them because I didn't go swimming either!
We started our 4th of July cleaning the ward building which was hard because we went to bed so late.(Blake and all the husbands of the Primary Presidency went on a Backpacking and camping trip so all the wives and the kiddies came over to our house and had fun playing in the sprinklers and having ice cream...kiddies didn't get into to bed until after 11pm. SUPER late for our household.)After cleaning the ward building, we cross the parking lot to the Moran Prairie and Lincoln Height wards' breakfast party . Had a great time and the food was great! Then we went to a Pool and BBQ party at a friend's house and had a GRAND time spending the 4th with friends.
Decided to can the Bing Cherries from our tree and we spent most of the day harvesting it. Too bad that they had worms and had to be tossed out. Learned the lesson of spraying our fruits trees
In our ward we have a "Ladies Night Out" once a month at different restaurants in the neighborhood. Made new friendships while talking for three hours standing outside of the restaurant after it closed. Blake didn't believe me but it's true! Didn't come home until 11:30 and I left home at 7pm...YIKES ( But it was FUN!!!)
We finally finished painting the exterior of our house actually I have two doors left to paint in the back but it's basically finished. HOORAY!!!
I truly love being in the Primary Presidency and we had one of the best Primary Activity I have ever been too and it was a great success! At the end of the activity we had a tug a war against the leaders and the kids and the leaders won(but it was close!) then we had a water fight and the kids attacked the teachers and the presidency....it was great and the weather was WONDERFUL too! So much more to post and the month hasn't ended yet...stay tuned to see our "Uninvited Guest For the Wild"
5 comments:
Looks like a fun filled summer so far!
Wow, you guys have been busy! Sorry about your cherries. Your kids sure are growing up fast.
I love the idea of a girl's night once a month. We used to do stuff like that when you were here and you planned it. Your house looks awesome.
Hey Leslie! I linked to your blog through Megan's. It is fun to see all your cute pics. We have a blog, too, and if you would like an invite, my e-mail is lacetheace@hotmail.com. Hope you're recovering after all those hills in that race--my legs are sure sore today!!
You look like you are having a great time lol. The house looks great, and I am super excited for our trip! ^_^ so close! Love ya!
Post a Comment