Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We're Hitting The Books Again!

So a new school year has just started on Tuesday 2nd and my kids were so EXCITED!
He was awake about 4:30a.m and telling me he couldn't sleep. I told him it's too early and go back to sleep.
He's entering the 3rd grade and has the advantage of two teachers that teaches his class. Ms. Wolfley and Ms. Current. One teach on Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday and the other teaches on Thursday, Friday and alternate Wednesdays. I have heard all positive things about these teachers and been told that he's lucky to be in this class. Well, he loves it and that what matters.
He was also up early but not as early as Isaac but at 6:30a.m!
Nathan's is in the 1st grade and has Ms. Yonago as his teacher. I also been told that she is one of the top teacher in the school and very lucky that Nathan has her.
So the school is a couple of blocks away from our house and the boys have been begging to ride their bikes. I said they could ride their bikes to school on their own if they prove to us that they could follow the safety rules, as of yet we been either riding or walking with them. They don't seem to mind and it's great exercise for us. Here is Nathan riding home.

Isaac is actually following the rule the school has to walk your bike on the sidewalk in front of the school.
Nathan get the green light to ride his bike and he's off
and Isaac isn't too far behind.
At least I know they will wait for each others.
But they left us in the dust and Mya and I were running to catch up
But they were too fast for us.
She wanted to know where was her bike! (good question!)
So you know there isn't any sidewalks in our neighborhood and we have to walk in the street.
The boys came back for us and let Mya walk with them to the house. Don't look in the messy garage! We are piling up the boxes on one side of the garage until we take it to the recycle center.

4 comments:

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Girl, why are you worried about the garage. You just moved silly and are remodeling. Chill my lady!!! We all have messy garages. It seems like everything you don't want ends up in the garage. The kids look like they are settling in just great!!

Chrystie said...

Mya's hair is so cute. Our garage is always that messy and we don't have an excuse. I am glad the kids like their teachers!

Liz said...

love your new house and your new neigborhood!! how fun. maya looks like she's completely at home! have fun with the remodel and i'm so looking out for before and after photos!!

Julie Keddington said...

It is so weird to see Isaac and Nathan in sweatshirts on the first day of school. I have become accustomed to seeing pictures of your family in swimming suits on the beach! It looks like you all are doing well. I love your house and yard. I just wish it was here so we could see you more!