Monday, May 19, 2008

Missing Them Already


As our time here in Hawaii is rapidly coming to a end, I already missing dancing hula with this Halau. I can still dance hula wherever I go and join other Halau's but they never will replace what I have with this Halau. The girls and women I dance with in this group, brings this special spirit that I'm not so sure I can find in an other Halau. I love the unity, silliest,and encouragement we give to each other.

On Friday, we perform for "Relay for Life", it was a relay for cancer. We all participated in honor for our friends and love ones, who are fighting, who are survivors , or has died of this disease. I chose this video, not because I'm dancing great (for I have never danced this dance before) but because even with the mistakes it was a BLAST.

6 comments:

Clelia said...

Way to Go Les! Way to keep up with it, even with all the mistakes lol. ^_^ Mom and I enjoyed watching it. I want to learn how to hula...eventually. First I need to finish learning the cha cha lol. ^_^ Love ya!

Jessica O. said...

Congratulations on being able to hula! I could never move like that.

The Taylor Family said...

Leslie you neve cease to amaze me! You looked beautiful! I am so sure that your huala ladies will never be the same without you, just like our ward is not the same without you! Cant wait to see you during the summer. I hope we will be able to see ya alot, we are going to California the first week of July, but we will be home on the 6th, so I hope you will be around after that. BBQ for sure!!!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Leslie that is so awesome! Wherever you go you will fit right in. Everyone loves you and you make friends so easily. I am sure your cute family will be missed. You will have to take up a rain dance in Washington!!

Shauna Hardy said...

We might be coming to Hawaii in January and it sounds like you won't be there to visit. Where are you moving to?

My sister-in-law told me today that she thinks you are so wonderful...she reads all the comments on my blog and says you always have something nice to say!

Audrey said...

Leslie you rock! You are so talented. I know the entire halau will miss you. It won't be the same without you :(

Audrey