Sunday, July 11, 2010

Luau and Families

























So my annual Hula Luau came around again and my two sisters, mom, niece and nephew came to support me, for I was princess again but this time I was the island princess of Lana'i. It was a hectic day, not only was I dancing but I was also decorating the stage....It was a great day and some of my nerves came to play but overall it was a BLAST!!! 
This is what my family did to entertain themselves...taking photos of each other. 
Some photos from after the show...
 Thanking my hubby for supporting me in my hobby.
 Thanking my kumu and friend for teaching and sharing with me the Hawaiian culture.
 Thanking my family for stepping in and helping with the show...love you guys!!!
Funny I would never thought that I would learn a third language and it would be Hawaiian but I truly love it.

My family not only came for the luau but also to have a break from wedding planning except we did do bridal photos. My sister wanted me to do them and we had a blast...we got some many great shots but I can't show you yet until after the wedding. Beside that we had a great time, here are some of the things we did together.

Going to the midnight showing of  "ECLIPSE" wasn't my favorite but we had a good time being together.
Going to the Pool...finally summer decided to show itself here and we headed for the pool but was only there for 10 minutes when the pool was closed because a kid vomit in the water...STINK!, but we did get rain-checks...too bad the weather turned cooler and we didn't have a chance to go together with extended family.
Mya got to spend some time with cousins while her brother were at Cub Scout Day Camp.
Headed to the Lake to canoe and we had a great time.

So my mom and I was taking the canoe to the loading dock but before we could even start she fell in the canoe and cut herself...which was sad but it was so funny and best of all my sister got it on film!
We started to move into the water when this happen.
 We all couldn't stop laughing...
 Finally we made it to the water.
 Best time we had was just spending time with each other....
Watching t.v. together was more fun when Mya gets to hug her Aunty Clelia.
Climbing trees is more fun with cousins!

Being silly is more fun with family!
 Laying on the sofa is more fun with a cousin and Aunty.
 Playing this game was a hit with my sisters and my mom...and it got very HEATED!!!!

It's amazing how fast a week flies by when you're having fun...but family Good-bye, see you later!

4 comments:

Clelia said...

I'm so glad we went! We might be struggling to get everything done now, but I don't regret going, can't wait to see you again in a 11 days! ^_^

Julie said...

Looks like the Beechers have been having lots of fun. Good job with the hulu. It's cool you've kept up with it even after leaving Hawaii.

Megan said...

Your pictures are amazing! Looks like so many good times.

Tippetts said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a good time with your family!