Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

How we love putting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgivings. The excitement of rediscovering our Christmas decoration and ornaments. It always been a tradition when I was growing up to put the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving that I decide to keep it and share it with my own family. I also took my mother-in-law tradition of giving her children a new Christmas ornament each year and when they got married the ornaments would be given to that child for their Christmas tree. I especially enjoy the happiness of my children to be able to participate in the decoration of the tree while Christmas music is played in the background. Those precious memories are the ones I would always cherish.

7 comments:

Julie said...

We have the same ornament tradition and I have always loved it. Looks like the kids had a great time with the lights and the pictures are beautiful!

EOTU said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EOTU said...

I wish we have a specific day we put up the tree, but we don't. It varies with our level of business LOL I think that is a cool tradition. I do love putting up the tree with Christmas music. It really adds a lot of Christmas Magic to the moment :) And I love your tradition with the ornaments! I think it is pretty cool that you can establish these traditions with your family. I know the kids will never forget it! I deleted my first post cause I wanted to mention how much I LOVE your photo for this post. It looks like the kids are standing in a row placing the lights on the Christmas tree. I thought it was an awesome collage :) Love you Leslie!

Shauna Hardy said...

We always put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving although this year we put up two trees and it took us a bit longer. I love how you put together the pictures of the kids looking at the lights. So fun!

Dee said...

I have not started that tradition with my kids about keepsake ornaments until last year. And they are all older now, but no where near marrying, so I still have time. I saw your comment on Siana's page and thats how I got here.

Jessica O. said...

Cute pictures. I love traditions. I might have to steal the ornament tradition.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

The worst part of decorating with lights is untangling those darn lights!!! Good Garbage. Love the pics though. You are starting to become quite the photographer!!