Performed at the Moanikeala Hula Festival at the Polynesian Cultural Center this Saturday. It was a long day starting at 6:30 a.m for stage practice. After stage practice, we were directed to the dressing room at the terrace. We set up our potluck breakfast and enjoyed the food. Afterward, it was dress time and to wait until curtain time. We were part of a special ceremony to welcome an hulau from Japan, who was participating in the festival. We did our Ole and gave each of them a lei. It was a special moment to be part of. We were the last Hulau to perform at the festival, which was at 2:00p.m. It was an amazing experience. It was long day but I truly enjoyed being around the women in my hulau. There is such a special SPIRIT in this group. They welcome you as part of their family. It's been 1 1/2 years that I have been performing with this group and loving every minute of it. I learned some much for these women and the true meaning of Aloha spirit.Tuesday, January 22, 2008
MOANIKEALA
Performed at the Moanikeala Hula Festival at the Polynesian Cultural Center this Saturday. It was a long day starting at 6:30 a.m for stage practice. After stage practice, we were directed to the dressing room at the terrace. We set up our potluck breakfast and enjoyed the food. Afterward, it was dress time and to wait until curtain time. We were part of a special ceremony to welcome an hulau from Japan, who was participating in the festival. We did our Ole and gave each of them a lei. It was a special moment to be part of. We were the last Hulau to perform at the festival, which was at 2:00p.m. It was an amazing experience. It was long day but I truly enjoyed being around the women in my hulau. There is such a special SPIRIT in this group. They welcome you as part of their family. It's been 1 1/2 years that I have been performing with this group and loving every minute of it. I learned some much for these women and the true meaning of Aloha spirit.
Labels:
2008,
Saturday January 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Leslie you are so beautiful! You look so amazing! I really wish I would have been there to see it in person! I love seeing all your pictures!
Post a Comment