What a day! We started at 7:30 a.m with our Annual Ward Football Game. Old Men vs Young Mens. It was a blast to watch. There were a lot of Shouting and Laughter. A course, the Young Mens LOST! The Men sure showed the Young men ,whose better.

I enjoyed watching Blake play and he played very well. He made those Young Men WORK.
We enjoy our Thanksgiving meal for Lunch and the Kids help make the Jello Turkey Cups for dessert. Everyone decorated their own cup.
As for the table, the kids set it. This is the second time in our married life that Blake and I have made our own turkey for Thanksgiving. It's our first time as a family that we have Thanksgiving just on our own without sharing with another family.
Blake and I studied and searched for the right recipes for this meal. I did the Turkey and the dressing and Blake did the rest of the meal. We thought it came out well. There are things we would do differently next time but over all it was good.
We have a tradition of asking everyone at the table to tell everyone what their are thankful for. We had Nathan who was thankful for the Turkey and his family, Isaac was thankful for Scooby Doo, the Lord and for his family and for Mya, I asked her what is she grateful for and she paused for a second and said"Jesus". How's sweet is that!
We didn't go to the beach today but had fun day playing football, playing on the playgrounds, attending an baptism, basketball, napping, hide and seek, reading books, computer games (Jewel Quest 2 and Cubis®2), monkeys in a barrel, and watching football and "Surf Up"(Cute Movie). We are truly thankful for the many blessings the Lord has given to us. We miss our families and friends on the mainland. We wish you all an Happy Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Your Thanksgiving looked great! Isn't it so fun to hear what the kids are thankful for! Gavin said he was thankful for Mustangs! Yea just like his dads car! I love the jello turkeys. I am going to have to do that one year! Thanks for your great ideas!!!
Post a Comment